White Casein Gesso – 100ml
- Ready to be used directly out of the jar and onto any painting surface.
- Has same qualities as traditional chalk ground made with whiting and rabbit skin glue.
- No weighing, measuring or cooking as in traditional gesso.
- Ideally suited for traditional mediums as Encaustic and Egg Tempera.
- Can also be used for Oils, Acrylics, Watercolors, Gouache and Milk Paints.
- Suitable for wooden panels, paper, sculptures (wooden, plaster, etc.), canvas and even metal.
- Not suitable for water gilding.
- Made from all natural ingredients: Water, Calcium Carbonate, Cold Pressed Linseed Oil, Milk Protein (Casein), Natural Tree Resins, Fossilized Sea Shells, Saponified Olive Oil and Salt.
- White Casein Gesso contains a brilliant Titanium White Pigment.
Instructions for Use
- Apply a minimum of two coats.
- Once the surface dries, it yields a velvety surface that can be sanded for extra smoothness.
- The dried surface can be burnished with a soft cloth.
- There is no maximum amount of coats that can be applied, one should however only apply two coats per day.
- The Casein Gesso can be thinned with water, applied with a sprayer or roller.
- Cleans up easily with water.
- If the Casein Gesso is allowed to cure for a week, the artwork can be displayed outdoors.